RTL CBS Asia Entertainment Network is a venture formed in August 2013 bringing together two of the world’s largest content producers: RTL Group, the leading European entertainment network, and CBS Studios International, the leading supplier of programming to the international market place.
Its two new channels, RTL CBS Entertainment HD and RTL CBS Extreme HD, will be distributed in more than 20 Asian markets, including Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. The channels will be distributed by cable, satellite and internet television (IPTV) networks in the region. Both of the channels will be available in High Definition (HD).
On an on-going basis, the venture will have access to first-run shows and library titles from RTL Group’s content arm, FremantleMedia, and from CBS, which owns America’s number one network, and a vast catalogue of more than 70,000 hours of programming.
- Channels broadcasted from BCE’s Playout platform, via fibre to Hong Kong and uplinked to APSTAR satellite covering the Asian market.
Digital Media Operations:
- Multiple management of content with MediaCMS©.
- Trigger work orders.
- Fast editing.
- Automated postproduction tasks.
- Distribution with Movie2Me©.
TV traffic software:
- Athena© for managing the content and its rights.
- Cronos© for creating long and short term planning.
- Adonis© for processing the running order.